RLM Architects is a long established practice now based in Wimborne town centre. The practice operates within a bright and airy office with a family style friendly atmosphere.
Due to our increasing workload we now have the opportunity to offer the following position.
Architectural Technologist or Architect
RLM Architects is looking for an experienced technologist or architect to join the team.
The role will be varied, involving a mix of small and large scale projects within the commercial, residential, healthcare and listed/historic building sectors.
Applicants should be fully AutoCAD proficient with good design skills and sound technical knowledge of building construction.
Work activities vary but typically include:Running/working on your own allocated projects as appropriate with your experience including working with others in the team on their projects; all under director supervision.Running/working on your own allocated projects as appropriate with your experience including working with others in the team on their projects; all under director supervision.
- Running / working on your own allocated projects as appropriate with your experience including working with others in the team on their projects; all under director supervision.
- Providing AutoCAD support other members of the team on a variety of projects.
- Involvement in client and design team meetings; discussing the objectives, requirements and design strategies of a project, including preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals to the client.
- Consulting with other professionals about the design solution.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control submissions including all monitoring and discussions required throughout the application process. (All planning applications to be submitted via the Planning Portal).
- Preparing design and access statements.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender & contract documents.
- General office duties as and when required.
The successful applicant will ideally have at least 5 year’s post qualification experience, have design flair, a sound technical knowledge of building construction, and be commercially aware.
The applicant will be proficient in AutoCAD and have a good knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
Applications from suitably experienced non-qualified applicants will also be considered.
Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
Commensurate with experience/ability.
Applicants: Please send your CV and brief portfolio to email@example.com
Suitable applicants will be called to interview by the end of September 2018
NO AGENCIES PLEASE